Posted Asha Ellison on 2/11/2019 |General
Love is a many-splendored thing! It’s even better when you’re sharing in it with those who know you best – your girlfriends!
Sure, Galentine’s Day is over but it's never too late to celebrate the lovingly platonic relationships we cherish with the strong, beautiful women who empower, encourage and support us 365 days of the year. You can also still enjoy this fun, printable coloring sheet we created just for you!
Sometimes, love is romantic. Other times, it’s just you and your best gal pals huddled around the TV, enjoying Chinese take-out while catching up on The Bachelor, co-coaching a season of Girls on the Run or Heart & Sole together or treating one another to mani-pedis at the spa.
Whether your friends are single, taken or, simply, thrivin’ and survivin’, we’ve compiled a list of ways you can ensure your favorite ladies feel the love on February 14 and beyond!
Here are 5 ways you can celebrate your favorite supporting lady:
1. Make a sweet treat – Cookies, candy and cake galore! While there is no shortage of decadence on Valentine’s Day, a little extra effort goes a long way. Instead of picking up something ready-made from the store, make a lady you love a hand-crafted fruit bouquet, fresh-baked cake-pops, cookies or even try your hand at homemade lollipops. She’ll appreciate you going the extra mile!
2. Go the distance – Get away for a day (it’s totally fine to save this suggestion for a free day)! Take a day-trip to a nearby town or city and find adventure together. Visit a museum or make it a point to take silly photos in front of interesting signs, statues or monuments around town—they’ll be fun to look at years later (hello, Facebook Memories)!
3. Send an e-card – Show your love and appreciation in a flash! Electronic cards are a quick, creative (and often free!) way to tell your best friend just how much she means to you. If you choose premium upgrades (think: specific music or special effects), there could be an upcharge. The key is to do, for those you love, what you can with what you’ve got—no need to break the bank!
4. Shout about it – Use your favorite social media platform to send your favorite girl(s) a big, budget-friendly Galentine’s Day shout out! You can post funny photos, take a trip down memory lane, sing snippets of songs from an artist you both enjoy or even post a video message simply speaking her praises. Don’t forget to tag her – you’ll make her day!
5. Deliver the message – More of a traditional girl? If you prefer to get the message across in a tried-and-true fashion, sending a card via snail mail or sending flowers through a delivery service work just as well. The most important thing is that she gets the message loud and clear!
Did we miss something? What ways do you shower your gal pals in love on Galentine's Day? Leave a comment below!
And, don't forget to treat yourself to something sweet from the GOTR Shop!