Posted Kenzie Kramer on 2/17/2016 |Giving Back
One of our GOTR core values is to express joy, optimism and gratitude through our words, thoughts and actions and although we think that every day is a great day for spreading joy, February 17th is Random Acts of Kindness Day. Random Acts of Kindness focuses on the little things that we can do throughout our day that can have a big impact on other people's lives. Something as simple as holding the door open for a stranger can have a positive impact on spreading kindness in your community.
Here are five ways that you can brighten someone's day today:
1. Pay for someone's coffee. You never know when it'll turn into something like this!
2. Give someone a big hug. Friends, family, whoever!
3. Call someone that you haven't talked to in a while. Odds are that they miss you too.
4. Give someone a thank you note. You can write them for your teachers, firemen, your mailman - Anyone! To make it even easier, start with these fun printable cards.
5. Cheer on a stranger who is running. Whether it's encouraging words or sticking your hand out for a high five, we think they'll appreciate it.
What are your favorite ways to express joy and gratitude?
You can find more ways to spread kindness in your community with ideas shared by the Random Acts of Kindness Foundation here.