Posted Kenzie Kramer on 2/10/2016 |Wellness Tips
When life gets busy, it's easy to forget an important relationship in our lives: The one with ourselves. Self-care is a necessary part of living a balanced life but can quickly fall by the wayside when we get wrapped up with work, family and other responsibilities. Whether it's February 14th or any other day of the year, here are 15 ways to show yourself a little extra love.
1. Treat yourself to a nice breakfast of your favorite foods.
2. Make a new playlist of your favorite music.
3. Take your new playlist out for a spin with a walk or run around your neighborhood.
4. Have a DIY spa day. Pinterest is filled with relaxing face mask recipes that use ingredients you may already have in your kitchen.
5. Curl up with a good book.
6. Spend some time coloring. As strange as it sounds, adult coloring books are becoming more popular and are said to help people relax.
7. Send a letter to a friend. Spreading joy helps boost your mood and a friend's too! Get started with our printable cards here.
8. Watch your favorite movie.
9. Volunteer at an animal shelter for the day. You get to feel good about giving back and you get to play with the dogs and cats.
10. Disconnect for a day. No email, no social media, just good old "me" time.
11. Learn a new skill – calligraphy, cooking, photography. You can find videos and tutorials online that'll help you get started.
12. Do yoga. Your body and your brain will both enjoy the time to slow down.
13. Go to a museum. You'll learn something new and since you’re going solo, you get to spend as much time at each exhibit as you'd like to.
14. Make a list of things that you’re grateful for. An attitude of gratitude goes a long way.
15. Make yourself a card. You deserve it!