Posted Julie Wunder on 1/13/2016 |Wellness Tips
1. Keep a happy book where you right down five things at the end of each day that made you happy. Go back and read it when you are feeling negative or blue.
2. Fake it till you make it. Put on a smile and eventually your mind will catch up.
3. Help a friend.
4. Help a stranger.
5. Enjoy the little things and live to see beauty. Choose to notice sunsets, flowers and sunny days.
6. Write a thank you note.
7. Find a good mantra. Mantras can help you get through dark times.
8. Listen to this song.
9. Find time for a ME day. Even if you just have an hour, spend that time focusing on what will fill your cup back up. It’s important to take care of yourself too.
10. Be as nice to yourself as you are to your friends.
11. Go for a run.
12. Go for a long walk. Even if you don’t feel like running, a nice long walk can clear your head.
13. Spend more time outside than inside.
14. Eat healthy and drink lots of water.
15. Try yoga. You’d be surprised at the joy this will bring you!
16. Try meditation.
17. Surround yourself with positive people. Your mom was right, you are the company you keep!
18. Do what makes you happy.
19. Remember that most people are fighting some sort of battle (whether they talk about it or not).
20. Don’t let yourself get worked up about things that go wrong. Life is not perfect.
21. Spend time with animals.
22. Count your blessings.
23. Refuse to dwell on the negative. You can win the mental game if you put your mind to it.
24. Just keep smiling. If you aren’t making it yet, keep trying. You will come around.
25. Volunteer. Helping others, including groups like Girls on the Run, can improve any day. It’s hard to be in a negative mood when you are making someone else’s day better.
Your attitude can make or break you! And even in hard times, you can put a positive spin on what’s going on in your life. Using tricks like these can help you stay positive and in return pass along the good energy to our girls! They will learn by your example.